Saturday, April 16, 2011

Holidays!

Big Sister is on school holidays!
Ten things she loves about the Easter school holidays:
  1. No school lunches to make every morning.
  2. Picnics in the park.
  3. Long walks with the K9.
  4. Making interesting dinners (I have this yummy recipe for mussels with chorizo sausage that I plan to try these hols).
  5. Watching videos on cool, wet afternoons.
  6. Curling up with a book.
  7. Catching up on some knitting, crocheting and sewing.
  8. Cleaning up piles of paper and other debris strewn around the house.
  9. Catching up with friends for coffee
  10. Most of all, spending time with Mr A, G'tar Man, Bloss and Bookworm - we all need to let go of routine for a couple of weeks every now and then!
I wonder what my family enjoy most about their holidays??

4 comments:

  1. Sister-in-between, aka 'List Mama', relates to the putting away of routines! Lists go into hibernation and are replaced by lazy pyjama mornings with two cups of tea . . . bliss!
    Happy holidays Big Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on school hols still this week too! Having spent the morning attacking lots of little jobs that have been on my mind for a while (like giving the bath a REALLY good scrub!) I have collapsed on the couch to read your news. That's what I like about holidays - getting some things done I never find time for during the normal routine, then collapsing when I've had enough of jobs and doing whatever I feel like. Hmmmm...must be time for another cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to sign off from previous comment - Little Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holidays? What are those? The perfect holiday for your Little Bro, is waking up late, bacon and eggs, a newspaper and a good book. I also enjoy a little camping or a safari across the African Veld.

    ReplyDelete

Followers