Monday, April 25, 2011

Sister-in-between: 3 things that made me laugh today!

Three things gave me the giggles today . . .

1. Today is Easter Sunday and in our house that means we head off for Sunday church. It made me laugh when we arrived, entered the church, and the minister announced the last song . . . .hmm perhaps next time we should check out what time the service starts! Oh well at least we didn't have to contend with 4 wriggling kids for an hour and a half!

2. No. 2 son desperately needed a hair cut and so on Easter Sunday, we headed off to the hairdresser  . . . as you do here! Once at the salon I decided to kill two birds with one stone and have my hair cut too. Using  my very basic, local language skills I tried to communicate that I didn't need a second hair wash and  that a quick hair dry rather than full on style and set would suffice. To no avail, I had to laugh when I  left the Salon looking likeI had just stepped out of a televison commercial, being accompanied by a 'Justin Bieber'look alike.

3. No.1 son had promised to help me re-pot the palm trees that were root bound in their tiny, tiny pots. So there I was with my beautifully salon styled hair, wearing shorts and an old tank top, in 35 degree heat gardening! After two hours, with sweaty tangled locks, I had to laugh! I wish my hair dresser could have seen why I really didn't need all that extra attention after all!

Tee hee  . . . . it is a good thing to have a giggle!
xxx
Sister-in-between

2 comments:

  1. Big sister says thank you for a good giggle too! Our church service was at 9am yesterday and we always have it at 10 am ... we wonder why there is a need to change these things when you know there will be visitors??? :)
    BTW, what do you think of the Blog header now? Better?
    xo Big sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed a giggle at your expense too :) Our Easter service was at 6:30am by the river - and we actually made it on time!!! That was followed by a swim with friends and I ducked out for a massage in the afternoon. Very pleasant all round! Love Little Sister

    ReplyDelete

Followers