Sunday, June 12, 2011

Big Sister Update

It has been busy in our neck of the woods but this weekend we are enjoying the Queen's Birthday long weekend! 

Today I completed my last exam - thankfully 60% of the assessment is open book with a week to work on each of the four tests! The final 40% is two two-hour exams - I am just not that quick!! My poor old brain struggles to translate quickly so am not expecting brilliant results! Anyhow, all over red rover - at least for this semester!


This afternoon Mr A and I escaped for a cup of tea - he read a book and I knitted for an hour or so. Bliss! Picked up some poetry fun for the fridge -


Bookworm has a friend sleeping over, Bloss has been busy making coconut cake (thank you Sister-in-between for the recipe all those years ago!) and all have had fun building a bonfire on the stump of our recently felled tree - I was too slow to enjoy any toasted marshmallows though!



Mr A and I also managed to get out into the garden this afternoon - he mulched the remains of the tree and I pulled out honeysuckle that was threatening to totally take over one corner of the garden. Very satisfying!


Nearly finished all my marking and report writing and then the countdown to the holidays begins!


Tomorrow we will enjoy some music making and cake and tea with friends from down the road - must also make sure Bookworm does some violin practice as he has an exam on Friday.


Much love to all from our household!

Big sister and the clan xo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your last exam - well done! What a relief for you :) Your fridge poetry made me smile - can just imagine everyone making changes each time they pass by. We still have action man and barbie dress-up magnets on our fridge - hmmm...perhaps it's time to upgrade! Has the K9 got into the poetry too??? Little Sis

    ReplyDelete

Followers