Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Little Sister

Last week the kids and I took a 'sanity day'; a day off school in the middle of the week because we were all over-tired (after some VERY hot nights) and getting grumpy! We swam, drank home-made strawberry milkshakes and did some creating. Having some space to breathe meant I didn't cry over a spilt milkshake or even when my entire kitchen was flooded by my landlord who was 'fixing' the drains...


Over the weekend the rain came down and the temperature plummeted - to below 30 degrees!!! Our driveway quickly turned into 4WD-access-only so we only went out when really necessary - with Mr Ag away for a couple of weeks I wasn't keen to get myself bogged! Cooler temperatures meant lovely sleep-ins, hot milos for breakfast, time to read and play army men and lots of energy for more creating.


Cutting up magazines must be in the genes. Mr Sports created this humorous piece
and also got into some stitching.


Miss Creative produced a different kind of magazine collage,

finished some weaving for a school project

and sewed some hexagons.

Mr Active enjoyed working on his stitchery too and then was off to play more army men :) The whole upstairs landing has been turned into a giant army base.

I wanted to create something that I could start and finish in one sitting. Like my new potholders? 
I have even managed to add a few rows to my rug in between re-threading other people's needles.
The kids can't wait to show Mr Ag all they've been up to. 4 more sleeps :)

Little Sister xox





2 comments:

  1. Wow . . .what a creative bunch you are.
    I especially love the pot holders!
    xxx
    Sister-in-between

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the collages - think I might do some these holidays too!
    Hope Mr A is safely home!

    xo Big Sister

    ReplyDelete

Followers